IDAHO PUBLIC EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR
IPEA Executive Director JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director works under the direction of the President and Board of Directors of the Idaho Public Employees Association and is responsible to the Board for the effective conduct of the affairs of the Association. The Executive Director participates in the Board’s formulation of the Association’s goals, objectives and budget. Within that framework the Executive Director plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs all programs and activities of the Association.
Board Support (25%)
• Attends, schedules, and prepares materials for all meetings of the IPEA Board of Directors
• Recommends items for inclusion on the agenda that requires Board or Executive Committee consideration and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for suitable action or solutions
• Oversees all financial matters of the association, reporting to the association’s Finance/Executive committee on a monthly basis
• Develops and executes the annual budget, including bill paying and balancing accounts
• Implements all decisions of the Board of Directors in a timeframe set by them
• Attends working groups as directed
• Acts as Lobbyist during Legislative Sessions to track legislation that will affect IPEA members
• Maintains and oversees a database of members
• Develops and oversees procedures for tracking membership
• Plans, develops and executes programs for the recruitment and retention of members in the Association
• Develops advertising and promotional programs to maximize Association’s exposure to potential members
• Directs and coordinates Association functions including but not limited to annual General Council, exhibits, local or regional workshops, and recruitment/informational events
• Organizes membership to participate in citizen lobbying
• Writes and distributes the quarterly newsletter
• Posts to Twitter, and Facebook
• Keeps Web page current
Member workplace support (10%)
• Answers questions and responds to inquiries by members concerning evaluations, agency procedures, rules and regulations or employment with state and local governments
• Counsels members in workplace complaints including, but not limited to representing them through the problem-solving or grievance process in the workplace.
• Coordinates legal representation of members with workplace complaints when appropriate
• Supervises contract lobbyist (if needed)
• Manages counseling contracts with Stewards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Candidate will have any combination of training and experience that demonstrates competence in areas of program management/office administration, written and oral communications, and employee/employer relations. Candidate will use QuickBooks, MS office, Facebook, web posting software, and Twitter.
Candidate must be willing to work from home. IPEA will furnish computer equipment, internet/phone access, and software. Other needs to be negotiated.
Requires statewide travel
SALARY AND BENEFITS
20k/year – approximately 20 hours/week
Vacation/sick leave accrued per Idaho State employee schedule of 0-5 years’ service
Holidays as observed by Idaho State employees
PERSI retirement benefits paid
Bonus for increased membership to be negotiated
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will consist of a cover letter and resume and may submitted through postal mail to:
IPEA Selection Committee
28 Bailey Ridge Rd.
Garden Valley, ID 83622
OR electronically to email@example.com
Applications must be postmarked no later than October 1st, 2019 to be considered.